Getting to Freeland on Whidbey Island
There are three ways to get to Whidbey Island:
- From the north (Anacortes/La Conner) across the Deception Pass Bridge
- From Seattle/Everett on the Mukilteo-Clinton ferry
- From the Olympic Peninsula on the Port Townsend-Coupeville ferry.
Taking the Deception Pass Bridge (about 36.6 miles to Freeland)
- Take WA-20 south toward Oak Harbor, Coupeville and Freeland.
- Continue south as WA-20 becomes WA-525 south of Coupeville (don't follow WA-20 when it turns toward the Coupeville ferry).
- Continue south on WA-525 to Freeland and follow the directions On-Island from the North below.
Taking the Mukilteo-Clinton Ferry
- Take the ferry across Puget Sound to Clinton.
- Automatically follow WA-525 north through Clinton and Bayview for about 10 miles to Freeland.
- Follow the directions On-Island from the South below.
Taking the Port Townsend-Coupeville Ferry
- Make a reservation on the Port Townsend-Coupeville ferry – both directions if you'll be making a round trip.
- Take the ferry from Port Townsend to the Coupeville ferry dock.
- Turn right after exiting the ferry and follow WA-20 toward WA-525 as it curves for about 3.4 miles.
- Turn right onto WA-525 and continue south for about 12.2 miles to Freeland.
- Follow the directions On-Island from the North below.